AJA Launch Ki Pro Mini
Posted on Sep 11, 2010 by Alex Fice
AJA Video Systems has introduced the Ki Pro Mini, a smaller, lighter version of its portable tapeless recorder that captures to the Apple ProRes 422 codec directly from camera. The highly portable Ki Pro Mini flash disk recorder mounts to digital cameras and accessories, enabling it to fit in small spaces for on-set capture of 10-bit 4:2:2 files that are immediately ready for editing.
Ki Pro Mini offers a small form factor, support for SDI & HDMI cameras and key features including:
· 10-bit full-raster recording to Apple ProRes 422 SD and HD formats (including HQ, LT and Proxy)
· Recording of SD/HD files from digital video cameras to Compact Flash (CF) cards
· Mac OS X friendly media and native QuickTime files–no log-and-capture required
· Professional video connectivity through SD/HD SDI and HDMI I/O
· 2 channels of balanced XLR audio with switch selectable line/mic levels
· 8 channels of embedded digital audio over SDI and HDMI
· Flexible control options including familiar front panel and web browser interfaces
· Optional Ki Pro Mini Mounting Plates that attach to hot shoes, battery plates and virtually any other accessory bracket· Aircraft-grade aluminum construction that delivers light weight and maximum ruggedness
Ki Pro Mini supports a streamlined Apple file-based production-to-post workflow, recording native Apple ProRes 422 QuickTime files onto CF cards, which are formatted as HFS+ volumes that are instantly connected to a Mac computer via off-the-shelf CF card readers.