AJA Badge Sony UHD Camera Tech For Remote Market
Posted on Feb 9, 2016 by Alex Fice
AJA has launched their RovoCam at the ISE (Integrated System Europe) Show in Amsterdam. RovoCam is a block camera for industrial, corporate, security, ProAV and broadcast applications using Sony optics with built-in 12x optical and up to 20x zoom. What sets RovoCam apart from other cameras in its category is an integrated HDBaseT interface supporting uncompressed video, power, stereo audio and RS-232 control over a single CAT 5e/6 cable running at lengths of up to 100 meters. This is where the AJA expertise comes in.
RovoCam is also built around Sony’s 4K FCB-ER8300 Functional camera block featuring a back illuminated CMOS sensor. AJA tech RovoRx-HDMI is the companion receiver unit, offering an integration for RovoCam with an HDMI output, and all video/audio signals, power, and control over HDBaseT. RovoCam is also compatible with select third party receivers.
“Sony is proud to have collaborated with AJA on their innovative new RovoCam system development using the 4K FCB-ER8300 Camera Block. We anticipate RovoCam will find homes in many ancillary video capture applications within the broadcast, content creation, security, corporate campus, and remote learning vertical markets,” commented John Monti, Director, Sony Visual Imaging Solutions.
“AJA has always been known for supporting open standards with highly functional, flexible and reliable technologies, and the release of RovoCam continues this trend. Marrying our HDBaseT interface technology with Sony’s compact 4K camera delivers incredibly powerful camera acquisition with very simple single cable setup and operation,” said Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems. “We’ve partnered closely with Sony for many years and RovoCam comes as the latest in a long line of collaborations with them.”
• HDBaseT interface supporting uncompressed video, stereo audio, control and power over a single CAT 5e/6 cable
• “4K” UltraHD and HD resolutions
• 1/2.3 type 8.9 megapixel back illuminated CMOS sensor
• Integrated zoom lens, 12x optical (20x with Super Resolution Zoom)
• Integrated image processor with extensive automatic and/or manual control
• Additional on-camera power and RS-232 connections for maximum flexibility
• Supports Sony VISCA camera control
• Stereo mic input supporting PiP power
• Machined aluminum case with standard mounting options on each side
• HDBaseT receiver supporting video, stereo audio, control and power over a single CAT 5e/6 cable
• UltraHD and HD resolutions
• 1 x “4K” UltraHD/HD HDMI output
• 1 x RCA audio output
• 1 x USB for firmware updates and additional control
• 1 x RS-232 output
RovoCam will be available soon for a US MSRP of $2495.00. RovoRX-HDMI will be available for a US MSRP of $495.00.