The 2020 Rise Awards: Entries now open!
Posted on Aug 20, 2020 by Verity Butler
Now in its second year, the awards recognise women who stand-out in the global broadcast technology sector, with Definition as a sponsor
Rise, high-profile membership group for gender diversity within the broadcast sector, has announded that entries are now open for its annual Rise Awards. The Rise Awards are sponsored by Clear-Com, EditShare, Ross Video, Zixi – and Definition Magazine.
Submissions and nominations are encouraged from across the global broadcast audience to showcase talent from across the industry. Sectors that nominations are encouraged from, including manufacturer, service provider, engineer or broadcaster role. Free to enter, nominations will close on 21 September 2020 and the winners will be announced at an event in November, yet to be confirmed if in person or virtual.
The following are the categories that Rise is seeking nominations from:
- Engineer: This award recognises a high achiever, problem solver and team player who represents the very best of the broadcasting profession. Sponsored by Ownzones.
- Product Innovation: This award will recognise the importance of revolution and invention for the broadcasting sector today, and for the future fulfilling either a product development and or product management role, the outcome should be engaging and empowering to make a difference and create tangible benefits to the industry. Sponsored by Clear-Com.
- Woman of the Year: This special award is open to any inspiring and extraordinary woman across the sector, at any level, for making a significant difference in her field or to the industry. Sponsored by Zixi.
- Rising Star: This award will recognise those that can demonstrate exceptional and ongoing achievements that have made a significant contribution to their business (must have worked in the industry for less than four years). Sponsored by EditShare.
- Business: This award is open to any woman in the following roles – CEO, managing director, COO, owner and anyone whose role means they are running a business in the broadcast industry (either manufacturer, broadaster or service provider).
- Sales: This award is open to any woman in a sales role in the broadcast industry working for either a manufacturer, service provider, broadcaster, media publisher or tradeshow.
- Marketing: This award is open to any woman working in a marketing role in the industry either in-house, or for an agency/freelance, who has excelle in their role.
- Technical operations: This award is for a technical operations team member who has gone above and beyond the video requirements of their day-to-day role to make a difference. Sponsored by Ross Video.
Natascha Cadle, Creative Director at Envy Post Productions commented, “Rise truly supports women from all backgrounds working in the broadcast technology sector, through network events, seminars, mentoring and their Rise Up programme encouraging and educating children about engineering and technology opportunities. This alone will create many exciting opportunities for people and is one of the reasons I got involved in their mentoring scheme,”
Entrants can be nominated, or they can nominate themselves. All applications will require statements on the nominee and why they are relevant for the award. The judges, across the categories, are looking for the best demonstration of exceptional achievement, innovation, positive impact, and the ability to portray entry requirements. The Woman of the Year category will be voted for by the Rise Advisory Board members.
If you have questions about the awards, or are interested in sponsoring Rise, please contact Carrie Wootten, Managing Director of Rise, at [email protected]
Read the latest issue of Definition here.